Saturday 18 April 2009

WSOP!!

Ever fancied playing in the WSOP main event? I have but I am a bit short of the $10000 buy in! Whilst playing on Absolute Poker I noticed they are running Sit N Go tournaments that start at 10c. The idea being that you win places to the next step with the winner of step 10 advancing the Main Event.

I am not really a tournament player so some SNG practice can't be bad for my game either. I find a Step 1 table that soon fills up but after about half an hour end up in 5th place, missing out both Step 2 seats and a free retry at Step 1. I decide to have another go and soon find myself with 3 other players and a guarantee of at least a free go at another Step 1 tourney. It is of course a first or second place and a Step 2 seat that I am after. I knock out the 4th place player with a checked flop which he stabs at and I quickly call. Now there are 3 players left and a tense battle begins for the 2 seats.

Play online poker with thousands of real people for FREE

After about 20 minutes the slightly bigger stack wins an all in against the other remaining player and knocks him out leaving me about 2:1 down and heads up! In doesn't matter as the tourney ends there as both 1st and 2nd place prizes are the same. Step 2 is now here and the WSOP is 1 step nearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment