Saturday 25 April 2009

The Short Stack

I have never really got the idea of the short stack - I always buy in with the full amount. For starters, if you get a hand you can only win multiples of your stack and if you have $1 only that really limits you. Secondly, you can't push people off pots. Take the following hand for example.



mangelod is very understacked and has already mentioned going all in next hand. I find KQ os on the button and put in a small raise. As mentioned mangelod does go all in with another caller. Seeing as I have posistion on the other player I decided to see the flop. As you can see I flop a gutshot and two overcards - not what I wanted. However when holyuser checks I use my position to see if he has hit anything - His probable AK has missed and he folds. The turn brings nothing still but I hit my 10 for the straight. mangelod flips over pocket nines and a flopped set - A big bet or check raise on the flop and I fold my gutshot especailly given the flush draw too. Unfortunately all mangelod's money was in the middle so he had no more power in the hand giving me free cards...

free35

No comments:

Post a Comment