Monday 4 May 2009

Decided to play my second PokerStars UK and Northern Island Poker League tourney. I went for the FPP version which has 104 players registered. I managed alright but soon ended up about 45/60 and a desperate all in when down and out runs into a set but I caught running hearts for a flush and survived

KK vs 99 Vs AJos sees me knock 2 players out and move up the leader board.

Soon after a very short stack goes all in from SB to my BB I call and he has A6 vs my A4 - A 4 flops and the ace on the river gives me two pair -a second bit of luck and the third player I have knocked out.

I have made final table in 6th but the blinds are now $650/$1250 and are starting to eat away at the smaller stacks.



I then have KK vs 5,10os and knock out my 4th player

Soon after I go all in with 33 trying to steal the now very big blinds. A player calls and flips over KK - my third bit of luck saves me a second time as a 3 comes on the river, putting me in second.


I am now up heads up with a nice 3:1 chip lead.

Despite the big chip lead I seem destined for second place as the luck I have experienced so far now turns against me. Twice I outplay my opponent with him all in and behind for him to catch hands



No comments:

Post a Comment